Great as an appetiser, lunch, or picnic. An easy wow for entertaining
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Makes 8 pastries
1 bunch asparagus
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
80-90 grams of Stanage Millstone, cut into slices
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
· Preheat the oven to 190C/375F
· Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
· Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. Toss with the rapeseed oil, salt and pepper.
· Roll the pastry sheets out on a floured surface and cut into 8 squares
· Place a piece or two of Stanage Millstone (an 8th of total cheese) onto each piece and a handful of asparagus
· Take 2 opposite corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose
· Transfer to baking tray and brush with egg. Repeat with the remaining squares.
· Oven bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
· Meanwhile melt the honey, butter and thyme over a low heat.
· Serve the pastries with a drizzle of thyme honey
Source - Half baked harvest