This mousse can be made the day before and kept refrigerated or made and served immediately, no need to rest. Best served at room temperature.
Prep and Cook Time 20 minutes
110g malt syrup
1 tbsp cocoa (preferably
2 tbsp water
½ tsp vanilla extract
200g dark chocolate (70% Cocoa), chopped
8 fresh pitted dates (160g)
480g curd cheese
Pomegranate seeds, (2 tbsp)
Pistachios chopped (2 tbsp)
· Mix malt syrup, cocoa, water and extract over a medium heat, and then bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool
· Melt the chocolate, in a Bain Marie or other method
· Process the dates and milk until finely chopped. Add the curd cheese and process until smooth.
· Add the melted chocolate and process until well combined.
· Spoon into 6 service cups, approximately 180ml, and top with pomegranate seeds and nuts
The mousse can also be served with many accompaniments, such as cherries to add a splash of colour.