A moist, dense, flavourful cake more on the healthy side of baking! Containing little sugar and no oil or butter
Makes a 5” cake
Takes 1 hour
45g dark chocolate (75%)
150g Curd Cheese
1 large egg
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp Orange oil or Orange Zest (optional)
100g ground almonds
1 ½ tsp baking powder
· Preheat the oven to 190C/375F
· Melt the chocolate
· Whisk the ricotta, egg together and add the cream, mix well.
· Add the melted chocolate and mix to incorporate into a batter. If the chocolate seizes and hardens, don’t worry, just ensure it is evenly distributed.
· Add cocoa powder and mix well
· Add ground almonds and baking powder
· Add orange oil, or zest if using
· Pour into a pre-greased a 5-inch cake tin and cooked for about 50 minutes until a sharp knife comes out clean.
· Let it cool completely in the tin otherwise it may crumble.
· Once cooled, sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve.
Source - Imagelicious