A quick and easy moist loaf cake. Try swapping the orange zest and amaretto for the zest of 1 or 2 lemons and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
Makes 1 9x5inch loaf or three mini loaves
170 grams butter
190 grams plain flour
1 tsp salt
360 grams curd cheese
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of one orange
2 tbs amaretto
· Preheat the over to 170C/350F
· Grease well a 9x5x3 inch loaf tin
· Combine the flour, baking powder and salt
· Cream the butter, curd cheese, sugar for about 3 minutes
· Add the eggs one at a time, with the mixer still turned on
· Add the vanilla, orange zest and amaretto until combined
· Fold in the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated
· Pour into the tin and bake until a sharp knife comes out clean and the cake comes away from the edge of the tin. About 45-50 minute. If the top is picking up too much colour before the cake is cooked, cover with a piece of foil.
· Leave to cool on a cooling tray in the tin for 10 minutes and then remove to allow it to cool completely.