A very simple cake whose taste is similar to a creme caramel.
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
600g curd cheese
275 grams caster sugar
300ml double thick cream
1 tbs plain flour
· Preheat the over to 200C
· Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake tin, so the paper comes about 2cm above the rim of the pan
· Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
· Add the eggs ones at a time, beating well each time
· Gradually beat in the sugar, and then the cream
· Add the flour and beat until smooth
· Pour the mixture into the tin and tap gently to remove air pockets
· Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is dark brown, and the cake is set but with a slight wobble in the centre. A sharp knife inserted in the centre should be clean.
· Let it cool completely in the tin
· Great eaten fresh but will store in fridge, although may run some juice.
For gluten free, omit the flour, and add some more egg