300 grams curd cheese
150 grams sugar
200 grams spelt flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
270 grams 70% or higher dark chocolate
· Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
· Grease and dust with cocoa powder a loaf tin
· Melt the chocolate in a bain marie or similar
· Beat the curd cheese, eggs and sugar in a bowl until you have a smooth, fluffy mixture
· Add the flour, baking powder and salt and fold through until just combined
· Finally, incorporate the melted dark chocolate until the mixture is uniform.
· Pour the thick mixture into the loaf tin, and level out
· Bake for 1 hour or until risen and a sharp knife is clean on removal.
Keep remaining cake in the fridge, well covered or in an airtight container for up to three days
Source – Emiko Davies